Orpin's House, Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire, UK
Orpin’s House is a detached three-bay house with two gables dating from the very end of the 17th century or beginning of the 18th. It has a tuscan doric doorcase which may be a later addition. This was the house of Edward Orpin, who was supposed to have been the subject of Thomas Gainsborough’s painting “The Parish Clerk”. Orpin, who was the Coroner of the Market amongst other duties, died in 1781.
Image dimensions: 5472 x 3648 pixels