King Alfreds Tower, Stourton, Wiltshire, UK.
King Alfred's tower is a 160 ft high triangular brick folly designed in 1765 by Henry Flitcroft and completed in 1772 by Henry Hoare II. It stands on Kingsettle Hill, in the parish of Brewham, on the Somerset / Wiltshire border, as part of the Stourhead estate. It was built on the site where it is believed Alfred the Great, King of Wessex, rallied his troops before going into battle against the Danes in 878 AD.
Image dimensions: 4896 x 3264 pixels